I love music. A song can change my mood, make my day, or even help me feel better regardless of what I’m going through. And when my favourite song plays (Shinedown-Unity) I instantly and involuntarily smile no matter where I am or what I’m doing. Some of you may agree and understand how I feel. Others might be surprised that a song can have this effect on anybody, but it’s just because they don’t know what to listen to.
The music scene has awfully deteriorated in Egypt, not only in Egypt, but also internationally. Seriously, who on Earth called Nicki Minaj an artist or even allowed her to sing? That person probably has never heard music. The songs you hear nowadays is more like noise, it is even unfair to call it music. Not only the singers’ voices suck, but also the lyrics are pointless and lame, and the music lacks rhythm and sensation.
I believe old is gold. You cannot hear Led Zeppelin, Frank Sinatra, or Elvis Presley and not feel anything. The music is overwhelming regardless of the genre, the lyrics are beautiful and totally make sense, and their voices are unquestionable. There are also good new artists but they are not under the spot light like those untalented noise-makers. It seems like what defines an artist nowadays, not the looks, because I’ve seen many hot, good-looking and talented artists not so famous. The standards appear to be how much you can strip off, the amount of crap you say and noise you can make.
I have decided to do humanity some good and tell you artists that should be in your playlists, whose songs may elevate your mood, make your day or even change your life.
Old is gold:
- Led Zeppelin: Stairway to Heaven. Everything else is also epic
- Metallica: The Unforgiven trilogy, Nothing else matters, The day that never comes, Turn the page. S&M versions of Metallica’s songs are unbelievably magnificent and even if you’re not into metal, you’ll sure love them.
- Iron Maiden: Aces high, fear of the dark, two minutes to midnight. I don’t have to keep telling you to listen to everything else, you know the drill.
- Queen: We will rock you, We are the champions, Don’t stop me now, I want it all, Bohemian Raphsody.
- The Beatles: Come together, All you need is love.
- Pink Floyd: The great gig in the sky, Another brick in the Wall, Echoes.
- Stevie Wonder: Higher ground, Superstition.
- AC/DC: It’s a long way to the top, Highway to Hell.
- Frank Sinatra: Can’t take my eyes of you, Fly me to the moon, My Way.
- Elvis Presley: Burning Love
- Ricky Martin: Living Lavida Loca
- Aerosmith: Dream on.
New but good:
- Nickelback: Gotta be somebody, Far away, If today was your last day.
- Joe Satriani: Flying in a blue dream, Until we say goodbye.
- Skillet: Comatose, Open wounds, Awake and alive, Whispers in the dark.
- 30 seconds to mars: Up in the air, Beautiful lie, Hurricane, Closer to the Edge.
- Gavin DeGraw: I don’t wanna be, In love with a girl, Not over you.
- Sum 41: In too deep, noots, walking disaster, we are all to blame.
- Simple plan: I’m just a kid, Vacation, Crazy, Welcome to my life.
- Keane: Spiralling, Love is the end.
- Coldplay: Paradise, Us against the world, Lovers in Japan, Fix you.
- The Fray: Heartbeat, You found me, How to save a life.
- Bethany Joy Lenz: Halo, Feel this, Leaving town Alive, Flying machine.
- Kate Voegele: No good, 99 times, You can’t break a broken heart, Devil in me.
- Tyler Hilton: Glad, Missing you, Loaded gun
I’m sure a lot of you know many other great artists but I told you the ones I know and love, and I hope I was of help. Enjoy the real music!